Thursday, July 1, 2010

Good Government

As I smile upon the Canada Day Google graphic, with its red leaf and red oceans waving in the wind, I am reminded of how lucky I am to live in this country. It's a tolerant country.

I often get my riffs in my head when I'm alone and they cause me to start bobbing up and down in my seat and maybe to go, 'chicka-chicka...' or 'ticka-ticka...' If I'm hearing a phaser, I might go, 'Bzhyew! Bzzzyew!' They let you do that in the Welfare Office here. They don't hold it against you.

You could even be flat on your back on the floor, arms stretched out, wailing for your mother, and you'll still probably get your crisis grant. And they don't hold talking to yourself against you, either, or shouting at invisible enemies. And I can't help it if my head movements are a little squirrel-like, every now and then. I don't know what causes that. Caffeine? But just try to get a job like that, when you're only being yourself.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment